Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Family, part 1

Kristi took the day off work today. I had a meeting this morning, but I spent extra time sleeping in a very comfortable spoon with my wife instead of getting up early, eating a bite, and ensuring I was prepared. I did make the meeting on time, but by the time I got home, I was hungry. After lunch, Kristi & I went for a casual drive Monday afternoon drive and bought a pumpkin at the Pumpkin Patch . We went looking for an antique fan and then to the airport to pick up my Dad.

He's flown into town to pick up a truck he purchased on eBay. We talked of the weather and Debbie's health, fasting and hope, sports and TiVo.

On the morrow I will make us breakfast and then he will drive almost 1,000 miles north to reach his home. While the visit has been short, it's been both worthwhile and enjoyable.

2 comments:

joy said...

If appropriate, say hi for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeffrey. I take my wife and kids to that same pumpkin patch every year and we have a great time. Between the hayride and all the neat things for kids to do, we always manage to have a good time.

Hope to talk to you soon,

Charles


P.S. Dennis, sell your sh!t somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.