Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Christmas is Coming

The following items are for Santa. This my Christmas wish list.

Both items on my wish list were found in AD (Achitectural Digest for those of you not in the design industry).

Lina Leather Folding ChairFirst, and the item that prompted me to make this post, is a steel-framed leather folding chair from Lina. I think it looks great in tobacco, don't you agree?

Called "handsome and comfortable" by a designer in Great Designs Under $100 (Oct 2004, p.278), it's available from Design Within Reach.







Peter Behrens. Fan Model No. GB 1. 1908.The second item I want is an antique electric fan, preferably in mint condition. By antique I mean "classic," one produced before 1916, when elegant lines could still triumph over safety. Peter Behrens' Fan Model No. GB 1, produced in 1908 sets the standard for this dream item.

This fan was the centerpiece of the May 2004 'Great Design' issue, with a larger picture on p.186.

Actually, getting a Peter Behrens' fan is about impossible, but there are a number of good fans from the time period with diligent searching on eBay.


No comments: