Saturday, October 23, 2004

A couple days worth of stuff

Well, after taking a couple days off, here is some of the stuff that's been happening lately. First, my car died, or rather, it would not start. I was at Steve's, helping him with his computer and the car would in no way crank or turn over. Five minutes later, everything was fine.

That evening I Kristi & I were watching 'Late Night with Conan O'Brian. Not our usual fare, but the opening bits were funny. We especially enjoyed Triumph the Comic Insult Dog as he interviewed the spin-miesters from both sides after the debate. Our favorite line was
Look! There's Ralph Reed, who used to pimp for the Christian Coalition. Now he reaks of Bush more than a k.d.lang mosh pit.
The next day Bentley was groomed and the car, after starting fine on three seperate occassions, refused to start again. *sigh*

The good news is I won the weekly poker game. It's not enough to pay for towing and a new ingnition switch, but it's a heck of a lot better than losing.

And now I'm sick; a cold or some such thing. It's not debilitating, but my body isn't happy. And Purdue's late fumble to lose another game is enough to send me back to bed.

No comments: