Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The deciding factor is determination

Tony had this link about why one guy is voting for Bush. Here's a snippet from a conversation the author had with a friend.
"I'm probably smarter than you are - in terms of IQ tests and grades in school. You're a multimillionaire, and I'm not - even though I've been in businesses parallel to you for as long as you. Why do you think that is?"

"Because I'm more determined than you are," he replied.

"Exactly," I responded.
This reason may be the best reason I have heard about why I should vote for President Bush rather than for Senator Kerry. As someone relatively close to the middle of the fence, this is a reason I can understand and appreciate.

2 comments:

joy said...

I completely agree, I found this to be an excellent point.

User said...

It should be noted, however, that released militarty documents show that Bush's IQ tested slightly higher than Kerry's when they were in their early 20's.

I don't think this is important, I just like to point it out in light of those who call Bush an idiot.