Monday, July 26, 2004

I love this blog...

... because I love you. No, seriously.

I just talked to my cousin, Paul today. He is one of my favorite people in the world. I called him after he made a post on the blog, asking me to count him as one of my new, regular readers. While talking he told me he almost commented on some of the political posts I made and I encouraged him to do so.

A few days ago I talked to Scott. Scott's a friend from high school I haven't talked to since I was engaged. At the time I discovered he could not attend my wedding because he was marrying Nicky the same day. Anyway, he called to talk about our high school class 20 year reunion and gossip about the old gang. And he had read my blog. He was telling Rich and Carrie about my trip to Vegas and the invitation to go to the strip club.

A few weeks back Kristi says, "What's on your blog? My aunt is showing it to my mom and she's reading the whole thing." (Well, maybe not these exact words, but you get the gist.)

And then there are Kristi's friends who have come to new realizations about us because they have read some posts here.

Now, I cannot tell you if these people are regular readers or not. I cannot tell you if they are excited to know about the latest tidbit I find on the internet and I cannot tell you if they are agree or disagree with my opinions. I cannot tell you much at all about my readers.

What I can tell you is that I am glad you are reading. Sure, I write this stuff for me. But I imagine an audience, an old friend, a cousin, a distant aunt. And when I imagine these people reading about my day I smile. Because our world is so fractured, our communication so infrequent, our lives so busy, I am glad you took a few minutes out of your day to get a little glimpse into mine. I do love y'all. I want you to be a bigger part of my life. And while this method isn't great, and surely doesn't compare with sitting around a camp fire or a four-course meal or even a cup of tea, it's better than what we had yesterday, and for that I am thankful.

If you want to make a comment on my blog, and get a phone call from me, click "# COMMENTS" at the bottom of a post, then click "Post a Comment." It's fine to leave it anonymous, just type your name in the main comment entry field.

1 comment:

joy said...

I am hearing and reading! But I'm calling you tomorrow. :)