Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Sitting next to Disneyland

Today I write from sunny Anaheim, CA where I'm attending NRB, the annual convention for National Religious Broadcasters. The purpose of my traveling across the country is a business opportunity, but some of the participants were going to be here for the convention and I was given an access pass to the exhibition hall.

My father is also here and I've met a bunch of his friends and acquaintances. They are all very outgoing, so it's been a fun to flip the my internal switch and be "on."

The show itself is nice-very professional-and in years past I would have found some old friends from SpaceCom, but they are no longer uplinking religious radio programs. The evangelists and ministers, along with their support folks, are... interesting.

There is so much I could say, but I'm not sure I can do any of it justice, or that anything I write, whether positive or negative, praise or critique, would come out and still be honest. I am in interloper in a parallel world and I am not sure how to report on my experiences over here.

No comments: