Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Harmless Addictions

My mother has suggested that I have an addictive personality. That is, it is likely I will become addicted to some activity and repeat it, over and over again. She says it with some authority; they once bought a new computer largely so she could play Freecell. That was at least 7 or 8 years ago, and I know she was playing the game yesterday.

An old friend does a good job describing how he has survived addiction to a variety of computer games. While my particular poisons are not the same as his, it's a well written post about how we let our play time impact real life.

After you read Adam's post, read Real World Doesn't Use a Joystick by Wired. It's enough to make me glad own long running passion is freecell and backgammon.

That being said, I think I want to try Katamari Damacy.

No comments: