Thursday, June 03, 2004

Truthwatch: NPS Director Fran Mainella Lies to Congress

A number of former officials and employees of the National Park Service (NPS) have banded together into a group dedicated to protecting national parks and call themselves Campaign To Protect Americas Lands (CPAL). Honestly, I'm not sure what I think about our national park service. I like the idea, but I'm not sure I think our tax dollars should go towards parks. But that's irrelevant to today's entry.

Anyway, CPAL has issued a report pointing out how NPS Director Mainella lied to Congress. According to the press release, the report
casts into doubt the truthfulness of March 24, 2004 testimony by National Park Service Director Fran Mainella, who told angry members of Congress that Americans would not see major park cuts this summer.

It pisses me off when the officials who are suppose to be serving us lie instead.

No comments: