Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Blends

Am I just really not in touch with what's going on out there?

I ran into a whole new type of web page last night. Very graphic, generally well done, and often by people who are much younger. (I think one site was by a 13 year old girl!) It seems like there is a whole little subculture of folks using graphics programs to create 'blends' or pictures blended into a montage with a variety or artistic elements, and then compete against each other for bragging rights. Here, take a look:

I don't even know what to say. Some of the work is absolutely incredible and almost all is somewhat fascinating. Most of the montages focus on TV and movies stars. The style and age of some of the blenders (did I make this descriptive name up?) make me want to ask some questions about their self-identity. It's been too long since I read anything about developmental psychology to make any kind of statement though.

No comments: