Sunday, August 22, 2004

Poker Face & Chess Play

I like to play poker. I'm really just a casual player, not all that good. I don't make a lot of horrendous plays, but I certainly make too many mistakes. I'm afraid a good description of my face during games was described here.

Maybe it's a bit like when I play my brother in chess. In a great many games, I will start out fairly unconventionally (I'm don't know enough to play a real opening) and I'll build to at least a positional lead by the end of the mid-game. By this point Tony starts playing conservatively, waiting for the inevitable. The inevitable is me making at least one major mistake. Because I will, and then it starts to crumble like a house of cards. And it gets ugly, trust me on this. Within a few moves I have been decimated and any peice advantage has been turned into a huge deficit.

No comments: