Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Three masts and 29,687 square feet of sail

I think I've talked about it before, but if I haven't, I'll say it again. Crusing is fine, but I'd rather go to Vegas. I love the first class accomodations, fabulous shows, and great restaurants, along with the freedom to sleep, gamble, and order room service whenever I want.

Most cruises are the vacation version of modern airlines. That is, if you've traveled by air lately you've noticed planes aren't much more than a mile-high Greyhound. Cruises are nice, but they're also a week-long trip on in a small travelling hotel room.

That being said, I like the idea of cruising, if I could find the right ship and service level. I think Sea Cloud II might be the ticket. Read The Wind in the Billows for why this is a not your ordinary vacation.

No comments: